Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Saturday, August 25, 2018

You're Out of this World

Goodmorning Mel here to share another couple of projects for this month's challenge!

I have LOVED using this Echo Park - Imagine That paper collection.
And for someone who isn't a fan of green I have definitely challenged myself with the two layouts I have to share with you today!

I have continued with the challenge requirements today ~ Get inspiration from the word 'Imagine'!

Here is my first layout...



I started with a piece of Coredinations cardstock in Navy. It has been a while since I have used anything other than white.
I watered down some white acrylic paint and splattered it around my background to give it a "spacey" effect.


I layered blocks and strips of patterned paper to create this page ensuring that I kept the words 'Imagine' and 'Super Hero' in the green paper exposed. I have elevated the photos and the "You're Out of this World" journaling card.

 

I love everything about this paper collection, however, my two favourites are the element stickers and the featured journaling cards. These cards are so easy to use and are a quick and easy option for creating featured sections on your project. I am not a big 'Project Life' creator but love using these as features on my layouts.


I finished my layout with some element stickers and some white gel pen borders and journalling. I love how this layout turned out in the end!

When creating this layout "You're Out of this World" I had some other great photos of this same time that I wanted to use however I didn't want to create a 12x12 layout...so I tried my hand at a 9x12 layout...


I started with a wash of the "Fresh Lime" Dylusions Paint on some white cardstock.
I then used some Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint "Metallique Rusty Red" through the Darkroom Door Small Stencil "Arty Hexagons" randomly around the background.


I layered some of the gorgeous Echo Park "Imagine That" papers.
I have used one of the journaling cards from this collection which I have trimmed to use as my title 'Awesome'.
I have a couple of other words...possible subtitles...Love This - a Kaisercraft Wooden Embellishment from the 'Today' pack.
I have also used the "Imagine That" which can be found on the edge of the Echo Park paper collection papers.


I also added some American Crafts Remarks Alpha Stickers 'Playtime' from my stash to create the journaling on the page.

I finished with a hand-drawn border and some script writing.


I hope that you have found some inspiration from my projects today. All products featured can be found at Scrapbookit
Only a couple of days to get your entry in for this months challenge ~ what would you spend your winning voucher on???

Have a great weekend!
~ Mel ~


2 comments:

  1. A couple of awesome pages Mel, loving the 'space' effects and what fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Layouts Mel!! I LOVE the 9x12 one, did you enjoy doing a layout that size??

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day