Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, January 27, 2012

JANUARY CHALLENGE

Well hello again, Liz here hoping that everyone is back in the swing of things and getting lots of scrapbooking done.
This month’s challenge was set by Mel and such a great Challenge, certainly one to get the mind working overtime, lucky it is holiday time!!!

The challenge that was set is as follows:-

*Layout Theme :- "Looking Forward, Looking Back" ( You must use these words somewhere on your layout).
*Non traditional shaped layout.
*Must have :- Buttons, Ribbon, and at least 1 other embellishment.
*Quote for Inspiration :- (You may or may not choose to use this on your layout) "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." (James Dean).

I was lucky enough to have received the beautiful collection from SCRAPBOOKIT from Kaiser ‘Hummingbird’.http://www.scrapbookit.com.au/  I made a large tag to team with the beautiful bracket die cut.  Distressed Core’dinations cardstock and used the collections Alpha, Stickers and die cuts.  The bird cage is a sticker which I mounted on cardstock and then cut around.

Mel’s card challenge was :-

Non Traditional shaped card;
Must use 2 patt. Papers, paint, masking tape and of course flowers!!!! Just for me LOL.

So here is my card, I chose to do a ‘slide’ card, this card gives you the chance to do some sewing to encase the inner message card . I used masking tape on the tag and then painted & modge podge it.  I used flowers with the button on the ‘pull up’ tag.

And I hope that you like it  this photo shows the inside of the card after it is pulled open.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you are inspired by what the team has shown you and look forward to seeing  all your entries.
Until next time……happy scrapping…….Liz 

3 comments:

  1. Love your layout Liz....those papers are sensational!!! Just love those leaves under the top corner too!!!
    I love making slide cards - easy enough to do but very effective - thanks for sharing Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Liz, love what you have done with these papers. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Liz!! Gotta say. I just love your cards, you are so clever :0)
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day