Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And so the fun comes to an end.........

Hey Everyone
It is with much unhappiness that I write this, my last post with Scrapbookit. I actually can't believe how quickly the 12 months have gone.
Being a member of the Scrapbookit Design team has been amazing. Not only has Jo looked after us with an abundance of great products each month, I have made new friends and I have been able to do what I love most....create layouts and cards to share with you all.
I hope that there has been a small part of my work over the 12 months that has inspired you!

I am hoping that all of you are applying for the Design Team. There is no better way to do what you love! It is so easy this month to apply for the Design team.

You must create a layout based on the sketch below by Pagemaps.com, you must also send in two other recent layouts, tell Joanne a little bit about your scrapbooking journey, link your blog, and answer this simple question: 
How will your position on our friendly team enhance the 'Scrapbookit' business???

You will receive a pack to create with every month and the position runs for 12 months.

What have you got to loose??????

This month our challenge is based on this gorgeous sketch from Page Maps.

This month in my box of goodies from Jo I received the Paper Inklings papers - Australian Flag and Aussie Stamps. For this layout I decided to focus only on the Australian Flag paper. I have used the Aussie Stamps paper but I will share that with you later in the month.

Here is my layout....
(I apologise for the photos)


I have used the last of some white Kaiser paint on the Kaiser Card stock. I spread it with an old card (e.g. credit card). I have used both sides of the Australian Flag paper.....suits the photos perfectly. It was a special day for us when my brother in law marched with Jason and his Dad on Anzac Day.

I had printed the photos as small photos (4 photos to a 6x4). I used the excess of some of these behind the three main photos.
How gorgeous are those Thickers I have used for the title? 

I have also added a bit of hand sewing around the title.

If you are applying for the design team you have until the 6th of April to get your entries in. However, if you are just playing along with the challenge you have until the 14th to get your layout into Jo.
All applications and entries are to be sent in to Jo.

Just before I sign off.....I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jo for everything she has done with us and for all of the wonderful products she has sent us over the past 12 months.....thanks heaps Jo!! 
To the beautiful ladies who make up this design team....you are an amazing bunch of ladies who create the most amazing pieces. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you all and hope that you have much success in life.
Finally, to all of you out there.....thank you so much for supporting us, looking at our work each month and leaving such lovely comments - it is truly very appreciated.

I look forward to following the next 12 months and the new design team here at Scrapbookit.

6 comments:

  1. It is sad to see you go, I have loved seeing your work and it was inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel I love what you have done with these special photo's, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Mel, this is pretty special and yes it has been a great time.
    Loved your lO too :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Mel!! Great use of paint, a wonderful last project :0)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day