Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, July 20, 2012

Colour Blocking

Wow! I can't believe that this is the 4th card challenge I have set as Design Team Member. I really hope you like this one and have a go at the challenge. I'd love to see what you create and what's more, there are great prizes to be won. Thankyou for the wonderful entries in last months challenge and congratulations to Amanda and Megan.

For my colour blocking card I have cut four shapes from my cricut machine in four different cardstock colours. I inked the edges and 'popped' the shapes. I wanted to keep my card looking pretty, so I added the flower by punching several scallop shapes from an old book, inking the edges. Holding it all together with brad, I scrunched the edges to give it the layered effect.





I don't know if you have noticed, but you would very rarely find a project of mine without a button. I love buttons as embellishments and today's card I've added some 'sew easy' fancy floss.
Here is a close up.....



What I love about cardmaking is there is no right or wrong. Just enjoy your creativity and imagination.
I hope my card has inspired you and don't forget to pop back to see more great projects by the Design Team.
You will need to have your entry in by 14th August, just e-mail to joanne@scrapbookit.com.au
Janene
xo

3 comments:

  1. Janene this is GORGEOUS, what a visually stunning card. Really like the curled strips, something I have never thought of doing, they look fabulous. I always appreciate embellishments going beyond the boarders of the card too, love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Janene!! I think you should keep it yourself because 'You are special'. Thanks for sharing your tips and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is absolutely gorgeous. I just adore the colors and your embellishments especially that gorgeous flower. Congratulations Janene...you are one talented lady xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day