Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Celebrate Being 2

Hello ladies, Brenda here again with my take on the August
Challenge here at Scrapbookit. 
Jo set the Challenge this month and what a great one it is 
with some awesome choices for you. It is as simple as picking 
a row. Up, down, across or diagonal, so simple. Pic and scrap.

 

I have chose the center line.
CHIPBOARD - CELEBRATE - INK


The layout os of my sweet son Harley when he turned 2 and he 
sure did celebrate. We had a few friends and family at our place.

As always I was so lucky again this month with my kit from Jo.
The papers I have are from Pebbles' 12x12 Birthday Paper Pad. 
We have all been given the same papers and I think it is a great 
way to be able to show you them. We will all have something that
is different and you will get to see so many of the papers in the pad.


I placed a piece of the patterned paper on top of grey card stock 
and then used some modeling paste. Over the modeling paste I 
placed some Black Soot Distress Ink. I had dried the modeling 
paste just a little to make it bubble in places. 


It was then time to get out the Dylusions Ink Sprays. I chose to 
use Postbox Red and Campso Teal which I sprayed onto my back
ground. These two colors went so well with the papers. I also used
them with the Kaisercraft 12x12 Quarters Stencil. 


The banner at the top worked well with the photos and the wording
cut from the paper range. I mounted them on red card stock so they
would all have the same look. All I then did was attach them with
Kaisercraft pegs and some Twine. 


The final thing I needed to complete the requirements in the row I 
picked was a Chipboard. I had the awesome big Kaisercraft - 
cupcakes and I then colored it with Copics - R25 Cadmium Red 
and B05 Process Blue. Once this was done I used red Kindy Glitz
on the top. I placed it on some of the patterned paper and then cut it 
out. The Let's eat cake and Celebrate tag is also from the paper pack.


After mounting the photo above on card stock and then the 
patterned paper I placed some strips of the patterned paper
behind it after inking the edges with Distress Ink - Black Soot.
Finally to finish off I cut 2 candles from the paper and for my 
title I used Kaisercrafts Alpha Stickers.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on the challenge Jo set 
and that you are getting inspired to join in. Remember though if
there is anything you want see in our work drop into the Scrapbookit
Store. If you see something you need to create your layout or want to
use the Pebbles' 12x12 Birthday Paper Pad that us DT girls are using
contact Jo. If you do it soon enough you could get the pad in time to
place your creation in the challenge. Now that would be awesome to
see. Your creations with what we are using. Some food for though :)
  
Until my next post..... Happy Crafting
Brenda XX



  

2 comments:

  1. Very clever Brenda. I love your background and your banner with the pegs and twine. Awesome job lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you certainly had fun with this challenge, thanks for sharing a different take on it. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day