Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, May 8, 2015

Today...

Good morning everyone!

Welcome to my first post for the month of May! 
Have you seen the challenge that we have set for you this month? 

To participate in this challenge you need to include the following in your project:

* Tags (As many as you like)
* Texture (Add any texture you like)
* Today (As your title)


How easy is that?

This month I have been creating with the brand new Kaisercraft collection called 
"Back to Basics"

This is only a selection of the papers. There is 12 in the collection, all double sided and all very easy to work with.

For this first post I have created a canvas using some of these.

Check out what I have created...



I started by creating a background using a variety of sprays, mists, moulding paste and a template. There was no real thought or organisation around this I just added a bit here and a bit there.

I have created some feature tags to cover the tag requirement.
The first one I sprayed with Prima Colour Bloom - Cotton Candy. Then used one of the new Kaisercraft Quarters Templates - Damask with some moulding paste. Once dry I sprayed using Cotton Candy and then once that was dry I used my Gelatos over the top to create the colour to match the rest of the project.


The second feature tag I started with Gelatos and created a background. I used some water to blend the two colours. Again I used one of the new Kaisercraft Quarters Templates - Damask with some moulding paste. I used the Cotton Candy to spray and change the colour of the moulding paste.


My other tags I have just covered with papers from the paper collection.

With a few other papers, some lace and some paper bloom flowers my canvas is complete.




Materials:
Canvas, Tags, Organza ribbon, Kaisercraft - Alpha Stickers - Ebony, Lace, Paper collection - Kaisercraft - Back to Basics, Gelatos, Die cut word - lovely, Versamark Ink - Black, Templates - Kaisrrcraft - Demask Quarters, Flowers - Mini Paper Blooms - Sea Breeze and Paper Blooms - Coconut, moulding paste, Distress Ink - Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick, Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Pearl, Heidi Swapp - Colourshine - Primrose and Blush Rosa, Prima Colour Bloom - Cotton Candy, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Antiqued Bronze, Dylusions Ink Spray - Slate Grey.

As you can see from this project I have focussed on using the pink and teal coloured papers. Throughout the rest of the month I will share with you some projects that use the other gorgeous colours in this collection.

Now it is your turn to get busy and creative. Make sure your entry is in by the end of the month to be in the running to win a prize pack. I am really looking forward to seeing an amazing gallery again this month.

Before I head off I just want to say a very big Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there from all of us here at Scrapbookit. We hope you have a lovely day on Sunday.

Happy Scrapping,

Melx


1 comment:

  1. Just a beautiful canvas Mel, and such super cute nieces! Lovin all your textures Thanks for sharing this great range.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day