Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sketch Challenge examples

Good Morning everyone!
It's Monica here to share some projects with you.
Like most scrappers, I love a good sketch. I also made myself a little "scrap goal" this
year - to scrap more multi-photo layouts, in saying that, this month's sketch challenge
was perfect for me! I often am guilty of scrapping one photo layouts,
scrapping three photos is a bit of a stretch for me, but something
I wanted to do this year to push myself out of my comfort zone.

Here is  my example for this month's sketch.
I used TPC Studios, Heartfelt Travel range which can be found in store.
If you love aged/distressed papers, you will love this beautiful collection!
The colours are rich with subtle patterns and distressed edges!
I just fell in love with them when I saw them!

For my layout, I have used Blue Lace, Postcards and Stripe
patterned papers.....
I have teamed them up with Little Yellow Bicycle - Journaling cards.
As you can see, the designs are so pretty that they don't
need to be used for journaling if you wish. I've simply added
them as embellishments.

I've used American Crafts Thickers - Foam Giggles, in Blue for my title.
Hands up, who doesn't love thickers??!? They are a staple in my stash!


For me, a layout is never complete without some ribbon and lace.
They really help to soften a layout and add texture.

Don't throw away your scraps anymore.... why not make your own embellishments
by rolling strips of paper for flowers, like I did.


I also used some scraps to make a card following the sketch challenge.
I used this beautiful stamp set from WeR Memory Keepers
" Be My Valentine Love Birds". Aren't they the sweetest?
Make sure you check out more stamps like this one in the store.


Remember that Scrapbookit has a shop front as well as an online store. If there
is something that you are after and can't find it online, email Jo
might be able to help you out ;0)

I hope you have enjoyed my little post and
we can't wait to see your entries for the sketch and card challenge1
I will be back soon with lots more projects to share!
Have a great Sunday everybody!

Hugs
Monica
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch !!! xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow, beautiful, love the grunginess of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Monica love the LO and the card great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Monica!!! Love it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Monica.......I think I need to pick up my act your layout and card are gorgeous!!!! Not to mention your fantastic post! It is so great to have you on the team lovely:)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day