Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, February 7, 2014

Hello Sunshine :)

Good morning Everyone.

I hope that your day has started in a positive way.

Here I am to post my work for February. I can't believe how quickly this year is going already!!!

The beautiful Leah has left us a sketch to work with. Rather than a layout I have done a card following the sketch.

Here is the sketch...


Here is my card....


I have created the background using 'Faber Castell Gelatos' I was very lucky to receive them for my birthday. This was my first attempt to something with my gelatos and I loved it!
I was rather conservative with them and coloured the background with them and then used the water pen to blend! 

I was lucky enough this month to receive the 'Hello Sunshine Collection' by Kaisercraft. There are some absolutely gorgeous pages in this range. Check them out here on our Facebook page or head over to our online store.
There were also some gorgeous collectables, a sticker sheet and an alpha.

Other than the background the rest of this card is made using paper off cuts and little collectables.

I have also been busy creating something that is OTP (Off the Page) with this collection.

I have created a little interactive calendar.

Here it is...


I just adore the gorgeous owls on these papers.
I have used a flat canvas board to build my calendar on. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the canvas board and have then sealed over the paper with it too!
This is always a good idea for projects that you will display around the rooms of your house. Makes it easy to clean it...

I used 'Studio Calico - Huey's Masks - Hexagon' for the hexagon shapes.
I also used Texture Paste and for the pink texture paste added some Viva Precious Metal Colour. It worked in so nicely.

A huge thank you to Carla (Rutherglen Florist) for helping me out in my time of need and gifting me with some tiny wooden pagd. Thanks heaps Carla!

I laminated the majority of the removable pieces to try and keep the them fully functional.

I also pulled out the old Dimensional Magic and covered the owl in that.

Here is a closeup...


Have you heard about our retreat that is coming up in March??????
If you haven't heard about it email Jo at joanne@scrapbookit.com.au to get all the details.
It will be a great weekend.

I hope that you have enjoyed my post today and that you find some inspiration somewhere amongst it all. Have a great weekend!
Mel xx


3 comments:

  1. I am in love with this range Mel, and what you have done is great. Thanks for sharing xx Lucky you for getting some Gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Mel, you have certainly made that collection have a 'wow' factor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Mel, what can I say. Awesome work as normal. So love the owls. Love it all. XX

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day