Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Some simple cards to create at the end of the month!


Well there is only a few hours before this months challenge closes 
and hasn't it been a wonderful challenge?

Now that you have all entered your gorgeous creations and you have some scraps
left over why not use them up to make some quick and simple cards?

I am here to share with you a few cards that I have made using the scraps that I have from the gorgeous pack I got from Jo at Scrapbookit this month!

As you will recall I had the Kaisercraft 'Oh So Lovely' collection.

Here are the cards that I have created with some of my scraps from this collection.


The first card is 'Treasured Memories'
I have kept this (as with all of them) very simple.
I used a Kaisercraft square card but you could cut a piece of cardstock yourself. Another way to use up scrap cardstock that is building up in your collection.

I covered the card with a piece of patterned paper, the flip side of Oh So Lovely - Girly.
I used a piece from Oh So Lovely - Lass, a strip from both the Oh So Lovely - Lady specialty paper and the Oh So Lovely - Femme paper.

I have finished it off with some collectables from this collection and a little handmade flower.


Here is a close up...


The second card I have to share with you today is the 
'Stop Smile Breathe Life is Beautiful' card. 

This is definitely a card that will use some of those scraps.
I have used small strips of Oh So Lovely - Miss, Woman, Lady and Girly.
I have used Oh So Lovely - Chic to cut a decorative border using my Fiskars border punches and a strip at the top.

I have used a tag from the Oh So Lovely collectables and some brown twine to finish it off.
I have finished the card with a chipboard heart from Finishing Touch Ideas - Trimmings covered in some paper from the Oh So Lovely - Lady paper. Two Kaisercraft Resin Flower Blossoms - Fuchsia and a Manor House Ivory Frilly Rose finishes off my card.


Here is a close up of those gorgeous flowers...


The final card I have made is 'Thanks So Much'
This is a really pretty card but so very simple.

Again I started with a Kaisercraft square card. I cut a square of Oh So Lovely - Ladylike paper. I then cut out a tag/ribbon from the Oh So Lovely - Chic paper and mounted it with pink cardstock.

I created a little tag using the pink cardstock and a Kaisercraft Mini Clear Stamp - Thank you.

I finished my card again with again a Finishing Touch Ideas - Trimmings but this time a flower. I have covered it in the Oh So Lovely - Ladylike paper. I added some Kaisercraft Resin Flower Blossoms - Fuchsia and a gorgeous butterfly from the Kaisercraft Clear Stickers - Butterflies.


Here is a close up of the embellishments for this card...


Well, if you haven't checked out all the entries for this months challenge, make sure you do. They appear on the right hand side of the blog. I think this month is going to be a very hard decision...some truly beautiful projects!

Have you seen that the next Scrapbookit Retreat has been advertised for October? There has been a lot of interest and lots of places booked. So, if you want to come along for a great weekend make sure you contact Jo and book your space.

I hope that I have inspired you to take some time out and make some cards.

Happy Scrapping,

Melx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day