Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone,

You may be wondering who I am...it has been a little while since I have popped in to post!
No excuses....but I do have plenty...lets just leave it and be happy that I have returned from being missing in action!!! :)

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year period with your families. It seems so long ago now.

Today I am here to share with you my first take on this months challenge here at Scrapbookit.
We have started with an easy one for the first month of the year...my favourite type of challenge...a sketch!

Here it is...


How awesome is that sketch from Page Maps?
Now all you need to do is to create a project with this sketch...it could be a layout or a card ~ as long as the sketch is represented.

I have been working with the gorgeous 'My Year My Story' collection by Kaisercraft.
Whilst this was created to work with the awesome journals that they have brought out, it can also still be used for layouts and cards too. It is vibrant, fun and uplifting. I love it! Needless to say very, very easy to work with.

Here is my layout...

Products used: 'My Year My Story' collection (Minty), 6x8 Paper Pad, Sticker sheet and collectables ~ Kaisercraft; bakers twine - grey and white; Kaisercraft Alpha Letters; heart embellishments (found in amongst the huge collection of embellishments); unknown washi tape - Life is a Journey; Kaisercraft Cardstock - Licorice; Memories Mists - Sparkling Silver.




As you can see I have followed the sketch quite closely.
My title "Those were the days" came from this year being the last time we (my friends and I) would celebrate a Christmas party together, as two of us are moving on.

I wanted to point out to you the grey coloured page with the white writing. This is a piece of the gloss designs speciality paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad. As soon as I saw these papers (there are several different designs) I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. For this page I used the Memories Mists - Sparkling Silver and I sprayed the page lightly. I then used a baby wipe to carefully dab the excess mist from the gloss words. I love it ~ very effective!


Anyway, I hope this has inspired you to...
1) Join in our challenge this month to win a prize pack and the chance to be our guest designer 
OR
2) Grab a pack of these awesome papers from Joanne at Scrapbookit

I'm not sure if you know...but we are holding our Retreat in March. 
Always an amazing time away with like minded people and there is always lots of fun to be had.
For more information contact Joanne (joanne@scrapbookit.com.au)

I will be back later in the month to share what else I have been creating.

Until then, happy scrapping!

Melx

1 comment:

  1. Great Take on the sketch Mel (you didn't tip it, flip it or reverse it), love this range for layouts just as much as for our planners. Looking forward to seeing your other creations.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day