Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Thursday, September 1, 2016

September challenge

Morning Everyone

and welcome to our September challenge and the beautiful spring weather.


This month we have GDT member Jess Whitehead who has set a fun challenge for us.


Welcome Jess



Hi, my name is Jess and I am super excited to be the guest designer at Scrapbookit this month. I started scrapbooking a few years ago when my best friend Mel introduced me to it. Since then I have grown to love scrapping and I enjoy learning new techniques and creating different things. At the moment I am into all things messy!! Which is what my challenge for this month is all about.


Make a mess - use paint, spray, texture and splatter!


I have created 2 layouts this month using the fantastic Bo Bunny - Powder Mountain paper I got from Jo.


I have scrapped using 2 photos from my first trip to the snow. It has been a long time since I have been to the snow but I remember it being cold, wet and totally awesome!! Hopefully I can go back one day soon.





For my first layout I started with some gel medium and a template. I randomly put some patches on my cardstock. Then I got messy with splattering some white Dylusions paint over the background. Splattering is one of my favourite things to do and I always make sure to do it outside because paint goes everywhere! Next I mixed 4 different kinds of spray. I used 3 Kaiser Mists - denim, aqua and white and I made my own spray using Color Crush - Blue Heaven and water in a spray bottle. I made this really wet and tapped it so the spray would run down my page. To complete my layout I added some of the Bo Bunny - Powder Mountain paper. I have distressed the edges and inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot. Some wire from my stash completed my layout.

 

For my second layout I used some Color Crush - Blue Heaven mixed with texture paste through a template to create some texture in the background. Then I used some white Dylusions paint in a little drip bottle to create swirls on my page which I then sprinkled some Color Crush - Blue Heaven on in patches to see what effect it would have. It turned out quite cool giving the paint a spotty look. Then I added some Color Crush - Blue Heaven to the paint in my drip bottle and mixed it up before dripping it over my page. I enjoyed experimenting with the Color Crush and seeing what I could do with it. I used some Stickles glitter which I got in my pack from Jo to add little highlights to the snowflake which is a sticker from the Powder Mountain sticker sheet. Finally I used Colour Blast Colour Embossing Powder - Snow White on the Kaisercraft wooden flourish - Christmas Star.


I really enjoyed using the kit I received from Jo this month and being a guest designer. I hope you  enjoyed seeing what I created. I can’t wait to see what everyone makes for the challenge this month!


Jess :)



Love what you have done Jess, I look forward to seeing everyone's take on this challenge. Remember entries can be emailed to joanne@scrapbookit.com.au or uploaded via Inlinkz in the side bar. Entries are due by 30th September.


Have a wonderful week

Happy Scrapping Jo.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post Jess. Love the layouts! Thanks for joining us as GDT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok .... I'm up for this. I'm hopeless at messy, squishy, gloopy but I'm willing to learn. Standby for this months layout attempts. Love the pages Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Work Jess! Might get messy with u this month!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day