Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, February 10, 2017

Perfect Day!

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to my first share for February.
Isn't the challenge set by Jane just fantastic? I just love it!
Thanks to Laura Whitaker for allowing us to use it! Laura has some great sketches available on her blog... http://scrappinaroundtheclock.blogspot.com.au/

Here is the sketch for the challenge...

The challenge not only requires you to use the sketch but to also add the following elements to your page...
* A touch of gold
* Some Washi Tape
* Include a song title somewhere on your page

Here is my layout...


It is not often that I scrap photos of me however have enjoyed creating this layout!

The papers that I have been playing with this month are absolutely gorgeous! They are Endless Summer by Cocoa Vanilla.
At Scrapbookit we stock Cocoa Vanilla goodies...it is so nice to scrap with an Australian company paper collection. They not only have gorgeous papers but sweet little embellishments, accessory stickers, flairs, woodies, puffy stickers and so much more. Be sure to check out Scrapbookit for all of your Cocoa Vanilla needs!

I have created my background on the 'Aloha Sunshine' patterned paper. I have used some water colours, splattered some Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Metallique Gold Rush (I love this paint...a paint that also provides dimension!) and stamped with the Kaisercraft Clear Stamp Hessian and black ink.


I have used some thin black wire to create the circle shape from the sketch and put some plain cheesecloth behind the photos!

I have used the song title 'Perfect Day' by Lady Antebellum, my most favourite band! I'm looking forward to seeing them again when they tour Australia!


How cute are the little woodies that you can get with this collection?
I have used these and some of the die cut ephemera to create some little clusters of embellishments.

I love the flowers and the gorgeous little flairs. It definitely is the best being able to buy the whole collection including all of the coordinating embellishments!


The last thing that I wanted to point out is my little '&' symbol. How sweet is that?
It is a Kaisercraft Lucky Dip Rubber Stamp. These are really cool. They come in a set of 6 and they are easy to use. These are also available at Scrapbookit. Be sure to head to our online store or email/message Jo to get all your scrappy goodies!!!

Did you know that we have a Facebook page?
Search for Scrapbookit (@scrapbookitshop) This is another way that you can enter your challenge entry...via our Facebook page!

Don't forget to work on your challenge and get it in! These super hot days are PERFECT DAYS to hide away in your scrapbooking room and create!

Looking forward to admiring your creations!
xMelx

4 comments:

  1. Yes we are lucky to create with this great aussie company!! I love how you have interpreted Jane's challenge and it's awesome that you have added another page of you. Thanks for sharing Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary...but I did it! Not often it happens but feels good when I do 😊

      Delete
  2. I love this layout Mel and I love the photo!!!
    Wow that paint, I need some of that as well....
    I Love everything about this Layout Mel! You are one talented lady!
    Just Gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day