Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Best Friends

Hello, Can you believe that it is April already? Not to long to go now until our Autumn retreat!
We have enjoyed a really great Easter, we spent some time camping on the mighty Murray river and now we are enjoying school holidays here in Vic.

The Layout I have done today is called Best Friends and is a photo of my twin sister and I and her eldest child, this photo was actually 12 years ago but it brings back a lot of good memory's so I decided to use it for my challenge page this month.
 This month I have worked with the BoBunny Penelope paper range. Wow what a challenge that was! I'm pretty happy with the end result though. I have started my layout applying a thin layer of Gesso with a palette knife, I then mixed up a little bit of the Lindy's Magical Shaker in the Lederhosen Laurel with some water on some plastic and used the packaging technique to smear this across the page, next I used my Dylusions spray in Fresh Lime and added some droplets over the top.
If you haven't guessed by now my colours that I NEVER work with are blue and green! I couldn't help myself though and HAD to add a little bit of pink!
I have done quite a lot of fussy cutting of flowers out of the paper range and I really like how they have turned out creating a bit of a frame around the photo! I have also used the Kaisercraft Flutter Dies and Stamp set. I have to say that previous to me using these I wondered what the point of having a die and stamp set together but I am totally converted!! I loved being able to cut the shape out with my Sizzix then just stamping the image onto it. I am very impressed and will be sourcing some more images like this in the future.. With some of the flowers and butterflies I have watered down some of my Dylusions paint in the Bubblegum pink and painted the stamped image, I have done the same with the Dylusions Spray in the fresh lime. I love the effect this has added to the page.

With my bigger Butterfly and big pink flower I have stamped them directly onto an old book, cut them out and then painted them once again using the Dylusions Bubblegum pink paint.

The little words down the bottom of the page I have stamped onto a circle shape then added it to the cluster down the bottom. I have added a few of the Kaisercraft Pearls to some of the middle of the flowers, my Title I have used some of the American Craft word stickers then finished my layout off with a Doodly border! I really Love how this layout ended up, at the start I thought it may have turned into a disaster but now I'm really happy with the end result!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my Layout, have you got your entry in yet? A $30 voucher to spend at the wonderful www.scrapbookitshop.com.au could be all yours!
I will be back again a little later in the month with another layout!
Thanks again Jane xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow how fantastic is this, I'm glad you had fun with the die set. Haha loved that you added YOUR touch of pink thanks for sharing some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane! Even working with colours that you don’t normally - you have smashed this challenge. Just love all of your fussy cutting - just awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Just starting mine. It wont be as inovate as yours thou. My chosen colours are orange. Brown and burgundy

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day