I hope your year is heading in the right direction for a fabulous year.
The challenge for this month has been set by the wonderful Mel Field and it is a beauty!! If you thought last month stretched your mojo like a rubber band, lets see what you can come up with this great CHALLENGE!
For the Layout challenge you must follow this criteria.
- Layout Theme :- "Looking Forward, Looking Back" ( You must use these words somewhere on your layout.
- Non traditional shaped layout.
- Must have :- Buttons, Ribbon, and 1 other embellishment.
- Quote for Inspiration :- (You may or may not choose to use this on your layout) "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." (James Dean).
- Non Traditional shaped card
- Must use: * At least 2 parts of 2 patterned papers, Plus *Paint, *Masking tape, and *Flowers.
Well I must admit when Mel gave me this criteria I said OMG! but when I decided what I would do I had a great time creating my first ever canvas art (inspired by the lovely Nikki Antenello).
So using the new Kaisercraft Lil Primrose , Twiddlebitz Gates ,lots of paint and modge podge, I created this:
For my card I have used the same range and using the Kaisercraft teapot album as a template I have made this (and yes there is a little strip of masking tape there). I also have added this cute felt embellishment from Apple Tree Lane Design's.
So I hope you have lots of fun with the challenge, entries are due the 14th of February e-mail to Joanne to be in the running for some fabulous prizes.