Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year & a New Challenge

Welcome to 2012 everyone

I hope your year is heading in the right direction for a fabulous year.
The challenge for this month has been set by the wonderful Mel Field and it is a beauty!! If you thought last month stretched your mojo like a rubber band, lets see what you can come up with this great CHALLENGE!

For the Layout challenge you must follow this criteria.
  • Layout Theme :- "Looking Forward, Looking Back" ( You must use these words somewhere on your layout.
  • Non traditional shaped layout.
  • Must have :- Buttons, Ribbon, and 1 other embellishment.
  • Quote for Inspiration :- (You may or may not choose to use this on your layout) "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." (James Dean).

Card Challenge.

  • Non Traditional shaped card
  • Must use: * At least 2 parts of 2 patterned papers, Plus *Paint, *Masking tape, and *Flowers.


Well I must admit when Mel gave me this criteria I said OMG! but when I decided what I would do I had a great time creating my first ever canvas art (inspired by the lovely Nikki Antenello).
So using the new  Kaisercraft Lil Primrose , Twiddlebitz Gates ,lots of paint and modge podge,  I created this:





For my card I have used the same range and using the Kaisercraft teapot album as a template I have made this (and yes there is a little strip of masking tape there). I also have added this cute felt embellishment from Apple Tree Lane Design's.



So I hope you have lots of fun with the challenge, entries are due the 14th of February e-mail to Joanne to be in the running for some fabulous prizes.




Happy Scrapping
Jo Caird
SCRAPBOOKIT.


9 comments:

  1. wow love these challenges, and gorgeous samples .. so for the card, do we need to use 2 of the listed items??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Tricky stuff. Thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jo I just LOVE what you have done with this challenge - your canvas is divine and that card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, Jo, wow love the colours too in the Canvas and the card is ab.fab!!!! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....stunning work Jo, you have really inspired me to create an otp project now...such beautiful work :0)
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo! I really love what you have done here!!! And how cute is the teapot shape!!! Wowser! I have been trying to comment on blogger lately and it's been so naughty for me - hence the delay! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely mention Jo :) your canvas is really beautiful....it came together so well and that teapot card is too cute. Fantastic idea to trace around the template too. And I agree with Chantal.. Blogger has not let me comment lately as well.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day