Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Scrapbookit and to our September challenge!
Isn’t the year flying? It will be....................before we know it
 (didn’t want to mention the actual word!)

I have set this month’s challenge....so you can all blame me!
When thinking about what to do I spotted my very large crate of rub ons that don’t get much of a go these days. Hence, why I thought that it might be good to use up some of these to create a background.

So, the details for this month’s challenge...

Create a layout using...

Rub ons to help create a background;
Chipboard;
and a 
Handmade embellishment.

This month I was very, very lucky to get to play with a gorgeous paper collection ‘What a Wonderful Day’ by Fancy pants. The kit that I received was amazing!
Inside the kit there is everything you need to complete lots of wonderful projects. 

Inside the pack there are...12 sheets of double sided paper; a label sticker sheet; a tape sticker sheet; a sticker fundamental sheet; an alpha sticker sheet and 2 sheets of corrugate paper - white and turquoise.

What an awesome pack and they are such gorgeous papers too!

Here is my layout for this month...



I have used the Fancy Pants pack (see materials above); Kaisercard - Coconut; Kaiser and miscellaneous Rubons; Kaisercraft Rhinestones - silver; Twiddleybitz - Chipboard Hot Air Balloon; Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Pearl and Heidi Swapp - Color Shine - Mint Green.

You may be wondering what my handmade embellishment is?
Well, this time round I took the easy option. 

The little clouds I have classed as my handmade embellishment. 
Poxy, I know, but it wasn’t really the layout for flowers or anything really big and bulky!

Here is a close up of the Twiddleybitz Hot Air Balloon, 
which I sprayed with Heidi Swapp - Color Shine...


Here is a close up of the paper ripping and rolling that 
I have done so that I could hide some rub ons in the background...


And another close up...



Well, I hope you like my take on the challenge.

Have you heard about our retreat?
Are you coming?
It is very exciting...we have Melissa Kennedy, Kaisercraft Designer, 
coming along to teach a class.
If you haven’t registered...you need to asap by contacting Jo at the shop or by email

Make sure you pop back in on the 14th to see our Guest Designer's take on this challenge....I know I am looking forward to that!

Looking forward to seeing your take on this challenge in the Gallery.

Until next time,

Mel x










2 comments:

  1. What a great range of papers in this kit Mel, I love what you have done and Miss Charlotte is such a cutie. Lots and lots of rubons all used wow it makes your background work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO Mel. Those papers are awesome. Jo is right that Charlotte is a cutie. Photos so make a page and she has made this one. Love all the rubons. It was a great idea to use them. Just love the colors in the papers though. They could go with so many different color schemes and photos. Oh and the clouds are cute too. XX

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day