Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

That's My Boy

Welcome to this months challenge at Scrapbookit!

What an exciting challenge it is too!
Prior to working with this challenge I had never used a 'mood board' for a challenge before.
Cindy has provided us with an awesome mood board with lots of inspiration for our projects.

  For this challenge you need to take your inspiration from this mood board, use a stencil and have fun.
Here is the mood board.


I was extremely excited this month to receive an Echo Park kit 'That's My Boy' from Jo. 
As those of you who have followed Scrapbookit for a while will know, I just love using 'boy' papers. I don't know why but my layouts just seem to come together so easily.

This pack has such gorgeous colours and a variety of double sided papers that are great for scrapping your boys!

Initially, I have gained inspiration from the colours in the mood board. 
I have used two stencils, that Jo sent in the kit, one with circles and the other with zig zags. I have used texture paste and have tinted it using Heidi Swapp Colourshine - Navy.

Here is what I have come up with...


From the mood board I have used the words, "100% Boys Life" and in the background have misted sections with the Heidi Swapp Colourshine to represent the misting on the mood board.


I have also used some Gesso and baby wipes to create the white wash in the background.
I took inspiration from the caps on the mood board to create the doodling on the matt around the photo. (Yes, by hand!)
Here is a close up...


I have used some brackets around the words '100% Boys Life' - these are brads. Really easy to use and attach and look really good too!


All of these products are available from Jo, online at the Scrapbookit store...and if she is out of stock she will organise to get it in for you.

Have you heard about our upcoming retreat? 
October 24th -26th at Harrietville. For more information drop Jo an email or give her a call. Make sure you book your place to avoid disappointment.

Finally, make sure you get your entries in for this months challenge using the mood board. To enter your project email it to Jo or add your link to the Inlinkz on the right hand side.

We can't wait to see your layouts and what you come up with!

Mel x


2 comments:

  1. WooHoo, isn't it great when your on holidays and you get time to scrap, just love what you have done with this kit. Cool techniques as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LO Mel. I love the pics and the kit colors are super. Looks like it is another kit I will be getting at the store hehe. I love how you have done the second photo.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day