Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Family with a difference!!!

Hi Everyone,

Today I am here to share with you my take on this months challenge here at Scrapbookit.

This month's challenge is as easy as ABC!
All you need to do is create a project with the focus 'Family'
You might choose to do a layout, an OTP project, some cards, a mixed media project 
or any other project that takes your fancy!

Check out the all of the wonderful entries so far in the right hand side bar. What a great collection!

I have decided to do something a little different for this post but it definitely still fits into the focus.
I don't know about you but I have a room filled with stuff that "I will make" I just need to find the right paper or photos.

Well todays post is the result finally of one of those products.

I had a tin that came with dividers and plastic sleeves and I have had it for just a little while!!!
So, finally it is now a 'Family Keepsakes' tin.

Here it is....

And here is inside...



I have decided to use this as a place to keep family treasures that are significant or special, particularly to the history of the family.

As you can see I have decorated the dividers and given them one of the family names. I have included my side of the family and my husbands side and even a section for us!





The plastic sleeves would be great for protecting those precious keepsakes. I wouldn't put photos in them due to the fact that they probably aren't acid free but definitely an embroidered handkerchief or a piece of jewellery. 

For this project I have used the Kaisercraft 'Oh So Lovely' paper collection. 
This paper collection has so many options. You could use the pink, blue or green papers, colours and embellishments to create your project, whatever takes your fancy!

I have created my own little roses as embellishments...here is a closer look!



Well I hope that this has encouraged you to go back through your stash and have a look at what you have and see what you can create from that.

And don't forget to get your entry in for our 'Family' focussed project by April 30.

Happy Creating,
Mel x

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mel, this just so special and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your 'Treasures' with us.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day