Pages (Click Here to Visit)

SCRAPBOOKIT AUTUMN RETREAT

Scrapbooking Retreat, May 18-20 2018 High Country Motor Inn Gavan st Bright. A weekend of Craft, Friends and Fun. Classes, All accomodation , Meals, EFTPOS,. Deposit payable now $75 Total cost $325 for 2 nights. For payment details send an email to joannecaird@gmail.com

Friday, March 25, 2016

Another from Magnolia Lane

Good morning Everyone!

I'm back again to share with you another project using the gorgeous Magnolia Lane collection.

Just a quick post this morning, today is Good Friday and I have a busy Easter weekend ahead...as I am sure that you do!

For this post I have created a framed piece. 
One of my favourite gifts to give is a framed paper craft item. I have created this one with my Nan in mind. I have used a decorative frame from the Reject Shop.

Here is my project...


Materials I have used:
Magnolia Lane Paper Collection - Ultimate Crafts; Gesso; Kaisercraft Stamps -  Honeycomb, Script   and Windsor; Faber Castell Gelatos; Kaiser Mists - Charcoal, Winter Grey and Candy; Archival Ink - Black.

I started with a piece of the gorgeous paper from Magnolia Lane.
I cut it to size making sure that I took notice of what elements I wanted in my corner...how gorgeous is that bird cage feature.

I used gesso, stamps, mists, my gelatos as watercolours, stamps and inks to create a very mixed media looking background.

I then fussy cut some butterflies and some flowers from the paper collection to create the clusters at the bottom and in the top left corner.

I have used one of the quote cards from the paper collection and instead of using it as a whole block I have cut the words up.

Something very simple and very pink (for those that know me well I have defied the odds of creating more pink projects!) but I just love how it all turned out.

I hope that the Easter Bunny is good to you on Sunday and that he brings lots of yummy eggs!
I'm hoping to get some creative time in over the weekend - I hope you are too...you still have time to enter our challenge using this gorgeous mood board and the word Cherish.


Happy Easter!
Melx


4 comments:

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day