Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Free to Be You at Scrapbookit

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Well the Olympics have started and I am excited to start watching the Aussie athletes and the athletes from countries around the world sharing their very best with us all. Hopefully seeing a few gold medals too!

It is very appropriate that this month at Scrapbookit our challenge is 'Free to be You!'
An opportunity for you to share your very best with us. Your only rule is to make sure that you enter your challenge piece by August 30th by emailing Jo at joanne@scrapbookit.com.au or load your entries via Inlinkz which can be found in the sidebar.

Here is the first project that I have come up with...


To create this reverse canvas I have used one of Kaisercraft's new paper collections Barber Shoppe. It is not dissimilar to a few ranges that they have done previously...a perfect choice to celebrate the men in your life...and how timely with next month being Father's Day.

I started off with some paper napkins and Mod Podge to create some texture and to cover the staples in the canvas.
I then used gesso to cover the whole canvas.

I used some Kaisercraft Mist and some Dylusions spray to create my background colour.

I then used my brick wall template and some Colour Blast Colour Paste - Steel to create some features on the canvas. I sprinkled this colour paste with some Tim Holtz Distress Powder - Vintage Photo to tone down the shiny bricks.


I have then framed my photo with the gorgeous WOW Chipboard piece.


I have then clustered embellishments and images from the Barber Shoppe paper collection, sticker sheet and collectables around the canvas.


I just love how this all came together.
This could well and truly have you covered for a Father's Day gift! Any father would love it!

I have also made 3 cards to share with you...all different parts of this paper collection. I love paper collections that allow you to create different themed projects...makes buying the whole pack so worthwhile!

How cute are the little moustaches?


And then a card for our old car loving Dads...


And finally one for our Dads that love all things aircraft...


Well I hope you have found something that inspires you today to get all of your Father's Day gifts sorted...whatever you come up with make sure you enter it into this months Scrapbookit challenge! 
Make sure that you check out the entries we have already received...they are gorgeous!

I'm off to keep watching the Olympics but before I go I thought I would share a quote from Facebook that Sizzix shared this morning...very much what I think...

Happy Sunday!

xMelx



1 comment:

  1. Well Mel these projects are just awesome. I love what you have done with that canvas and you are all sorted for Fathers day. Thanks for sharing this masculine range. I'm sure we would bring home plenty of gold for scrapbooking. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day