Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Sunday, March 5, 2017

March Challenge @ Scrapbookit

Good morning and welcome to Scrapbookit!

This month Jo has set an awesome challenge for us all.
I have had lots of fun and have got very messy creating for this month.

If you haven't yet see the challenge be sure to check out Jo's take on this challenge here

Here are the requirements for the challenge...
"ALL ABOUT THE BOYS"

Your project needs to be about the males in your life.
Your project must include:
Metallic bits
Some raw products
(e.g. cardboard, hemp, cork, string)
Rustic element


Here is what I have created...


I started by creating my background. I have used a piece of a cardboard box that I have cut to size and then I have peeled the top layer back to expose the corrugated cardboard.
I have added Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Walnut Stain to the cardboard. Once dry, I sprayed with Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Antiqued Bronze.

I then used a 12x12 Kaisercraft template - Crackle and some Colour Blast - Colour Paste - Leather to add some extra texture. I added some Tinby Designs - Metallic Melts - Bronze and some Tim Holtz - Distress Powder - Vintage Photo to emboss.


I then splattered some Dylusions Ink Spray - Ground Coffee over the whole of the background. Once dry I have highlighted parts of the background using Ken Oliver Crafts - Liquid Metals - Copper and Creative Expressions - Metallic Gliding Wax - Cast Bronze. 

I am pretty happy with how the background has come up...almost a shame to cover it up.

I have used some of the Kaisercraft - Lucky Dip - Burlap stack and some of the patterned paper from the paper collection This Guy - by Photo Play.
I have distress inked these papers using Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Walnut Stain so that they blend with the background.

I added some stamping using the IndigoBlu stamp - Ink Splats and Black Archival Ink.


 I have added a piece of patterned paper to mount my photos. Along the right-hand side I have used a WOW Template - Shoeprint/Footprint, some Colour Blast - Colour Paste - Leather, some Tinby Designs - Metallic Melts - Bronze and some Tim Holtz - Distress Powder - Vintage Photo to emboss. How cool is this template? I love it. It also has a large shoe print template, however, I didn't use it on this layout.



Under the larger photo, I have used a Kaisercraft Clear Sticker from the Life set. I thought that it was a pertinent message that I wanted to give my son as he started a new adventure at secondary school.



I have embellished with twine and wire. My main embellishment cluster also has some of the gorgeous Prima - Junkyard Findings - Ignition Keys. They cover off my metallic bits that were part of the requirements.





I have used 3 words from the Dusty Attic - Cherish Yesterday - Chipboard Words, DREAM, LIVE and CHERISH. I hope that my boy remembers to do these things as he begins the next chapter of his life.
I have used some of the Ken Oliver Crafts - Liquid Metals - Copper and Creative Expressions - Metallic Gliding Wax - Cast Bronze to give these words that rustic element.




Well, I believe that covers all elements...ALL ABOUT THE BOYS - about my son and his first day of secondary school.

Can't wait to see what you come up with this month. Don't forget that you can enter your challenge projects using Inlinkz (on the right-hand side of this blog), by emailing Jo or by sharing your layout on our Facebook page.

Please also don't forget about our upcoming retreat in May.
A weekend of fun and plenty of laughter - one not to be missed!

Pop back in a few days time to see what Jane has come up with for this month.


xMelx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing another awesome page Mel,I love all your elements and the photos of your family are so lovely. How cool is that 'Boot Print' stencil xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout, awesome textures!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day