Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Cherished Friendships

Happy Easter everyone!
I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter.

I'm here today to share with you my first project for this month, April.
I'm hoping that you are encouraged to join us this month for the awesome challenge Jo has set for us!

Here is what I have come up with...


The requirements for this challenge are:

1. Friends (It can be in your photo, title, journalling, a quote)
2. Create with a colour that you don't normally use or like
3. Use die cuts on your project
4. Use stamping somewhere on your layout

I have used the same photo as Jo this month (no we didn't plan it!!! Sorry Jo!); two beautiful friends of mine that I truly cherish. This day was a very special day and it was so lovely that we could help Jo celebrate. I have used friends in my stamp quote as well ~ Friends are the sunshine of life!


I have actually used two colours that I don't really like, PINK and GREEN. For those of you who know me well...neither of these colours enter my scrapbooking world very often (usually only if I have been challenged or it is for a gift). Saying that, I love how this layout has turned out. 


The paper collection that I have been given to use this month is by Ultimate Crafts. It is called L'aquarelle Designs.
These papers are sold in a paper pad (24 double sided papers) which is filled with a range of different colours (most of which I would not ever use) but for those of you out there that love these colours I have used, purples, oranges, butterflies, birds etc...you would love this!!

I have fussy cut from the paper these gorgeous flowers and the bird to create my embellishment cluster.


I have also used the Kaisercraft Dies and Stamps sets - Feathered Friends and Flutter to stamp and die cut the images - flowers, butterflies on some of the patterned paper. I have used the pigment ink Brilliance Pearlescent Olive for the stamping.

I have also stamped some butterflies using the Memento Ink in Desert Sand. This was a great way to stamp in a way that is very subtle.


I have used the Kaisercraft 6x6 Template - Fern in the background with the Olive Brilliance pigment ink in the background.

I have also splattered some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine - Peach in the background as well.


Check out these other great stamps that I have used (some of them) as part of my layout.
I have also used the cute puffy alphabet stickers you can see in the background on my layout for the title 'Cherished'




Well, I hope that you have been inspired in some way by my project today.
Most of the products that have been used on this project are available to buy in the Scrapbookit store.

Don't forget that there is a $30 voucher up for grabs for a lucky winner if you enter this months challenge.

What are you waiting for? 
Go...get started...we can't wait to see what you come up with.

~ Mel ~



2 comments:

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day