Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Wednesday, December 5, 2018


Good morning...welcome back to Scrapbookit's Christmas Challenge month!

I'm still pinching myself trying to work out where this year has gone...it is so crazy!

I'm just loving our challenge this month...I have so many great Christmas photos. It's always a nice feeling to scrap Christmas layouts...lots of great moments and memories.

Jane has set us a fantastic challenge this month for Christmas.

Criteria for the challenge is as follows:
*Create a Christmas layout
*Use the name of a Christmas Carol somewhere on the page
*Use some fabric OR tissue paper on the page
*Use white cardstock as the background
*Include a star, Christmas tree and a bauble on the page

It is a great challenge, thanks Jane!
Here is my layout...


I have used the gorgeous Simple Stories Classic Christmas collection. This is such a gorgeous collection. It has two cardstock sticker sheets, 12x12 papers and lots of different journalling card elements.


I started with a white piece of cardstock, some Colour Blast Colour Paste in Bling and the Kaisercraft Fading Dots 12 x 12 Designer Template. The template has larger dots at the bottom, however, I didn't want anything too large so kept to the finer dots in the background by just using the top section of the template.


I knew from the beginning that I was going to us the Christmas Carol "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" ~ I love this carol and it was perfect for my photo. It was also one of the journaling cards in the collection. I combined a couple of smaller journaling cards for the other side of the photo!
The baubles are gorgeous...unfortunately the photo doesn't quite highlight the beautiful gold stars and detail on the baubles.


I have used some black tissue paper in the background behind the patterned papers and have trimmed the papers with a gold paper to tie in the gold highlights in the patterned paper and the Colour Blast paste.
I also used some Uniquely Creative Washi Tape under the photo.
Whilst I had a rather large title with my Christmas Carol title...I just used the matching stickers from the Simple Stories collection to highlight the year.


My little Christmas tree is also a sticker from the Simple Stories collection. I have added a star from the Cocoa Vanilla - You Rock Wood Veneers which I have painted with the Colour Blast Colour Paste in Bling.


Well, I have loved creating this layout. This Simple Stories collection is gorgeous, so easy to use and so many different ways to use it.

I hope that you are going to join us this month for our Christmas Challenge.
Be sure to get your entries in by the 30th.

Happy Preparing for Christmas!
~Mel x~







1 comment:

  1. Aww great page, why do our kids have to grow up?? Love this paper range,ideal for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day