Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Here's a bit of sunshine! :)


Hello there! I thought I'd share this layout "You are my Sunshine" using lots of the Echo Park "Summer Days" range of patterned papers available in store online HERE. I thought "I love these patterned papers so much, what about using as many as possible on one layout?!". Well I then thought "why not?" and I'm glad I did because their colours and patterns really look so lovely all together!

I kept the design fairly simple and went a bit "graphic" on this one - so it's not too hypo (not that there's anything wrong with hypo!). In this instance I just wanted the photo to be the total focus for the layout - in spite of all the Echo Park eye candy! :D

I have also used Echo Park's "Summer Days" alpha cardstock stickers here not only in the traditional form (for part of the title) but also I've cut out part of the stickers in their actual negative the same size of the other rectangles of patterned paper not only for something different and fun, but to balance the multi-coloured title, the photo and various other elements on my page.

The swirl to the left of my photo was actually done using the negative of the chipboard swirl that I'd already used in a previous layout (Muscle Power - my DT example for this month's challenge HERE). I simply outlined this with some coloured gel pens. :)

I am really loving orange at the moment, so I am totally into these American Crafts Chit Chat Puffy Tangerine Thickers that I've partially used for my title. It doesn't get much funkier that that! :D

TFL and don't forget to enter our monthly challenges! Details are HERE! You've got to be in it to win it!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. love love that layout, you do bright soooo well, love it....... ive entered the challenge for may/june already, emailed it to jo and also posted a link in the original challenge post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chantel yes the bright is the way to go, looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So True,You do 'BRIGHT' so well, love what you have done with this lo without taking away from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks girls! :D Hey Amanda, left you some blog love! GORGEOUS layout!!! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day