Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Farewell


Hi Everyone, Mel here!

Welcome to the last of the posts for the March/April challenge.

I would like to begin this post, unfortunately with some very sad news. 
A beautiful friend of ours at Scrapbookit was tragically killed in an accident on Monday. Gail was a regular at our card classes and was a bright, smiling face at class and in the store. We will miss her dearly but know we are very fortunate to have known her. We extend our sympathy, thoughts and love to Gail's family and friends at this very sad time. 


Now for my last post for this month.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and were able to spend some time relaxing and sharing special memories with their families.
I know we had a very special trip away and spent some wonderful family days together. 

The photo I have used for this layout is of my boy, who is now 8! Not so long ago I got a new DSLR and I spent some time over Easter experimenting with it. Whether it was luck or skill (I think luck!) I captured this photo........I LOVE it!!

Here is my layout...


Materials: Cardstock: Kraft, Kaisercard; Paper: My Minds Eye - Boy Crazy; Die Cut Sticker Elements - Boy Crazy; Thickers - Chipboard Letters; Grey cotton; Zig Writer - Grey; White Gel pen; Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Broken China.

Have you ever worked with hexagons? They really are easy to work with and they look fantastic.....a great "male" embellishment/background. 
These hexagons I cut on my Silhouette Cameo however no matter what die-cutting machine you have there would be a hexagon option. There are plenty of punches, templates, masks and patterned papers that incorporate hexagons.
If you have don't have access to any of these then you could always make your own. All you need is a ruler, pencil and some scissors! They are really easy to make and are so versatile in their use.
Why not use hexagons in your next layout or on your next card?

Here are some close up shots of my layout...






Well, as you may have read in all of the previous posts the time has come to say goodbye to those on our current Design Team. 

To Kerry, Janene and Rebecca 
Thank you for all of the wonderful layouts, cards and projects you have inspired us with. Thank you for the time you have given to Scrapbookit and for the friendship you have shared. You are a wonderful group of ladies who have extraordinary amounts of talent.....thank you for sharing it with us all! We look forward to continuing to follow your scrapbooking journeys in the future.

Well, as for me, I will be continuing on here at Scrapbookit! I am very excited to continue on and am looking forward to working alongside our new team! There may also be some changes in our challenges too! You will have to wait and see!!

Have you got any ideas who our new DT members might be?

Well, stay tuned.....it isn't that far away before the big reveal!

You still have until the 14th to get your entries in for the current challenge....a multi photo layout or maybe you would prefer a Best Friend Forever card. There is also the Kids Challenge too! Check out the details in the sidebar then email your entry to Joanne (joanne@scrapbookit.com.au)

Don't forget that we love to hear what you think of our work.....so make sure you leave us lots of comments!

Happy Scrapping,

4 comments:

  1. Another lovely LO and I have just used hexagons on a LO I did last week, they do look great. It is sad to be leaving but I'm also looking forward to the new DT. Thanks heaps Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel for a great post, a sad day, but I look forward to the future with a great new team and some wonderful changes that are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel this Layout has worked out so well. Love that paper and hexs. :) The photograph is stunning Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly, you work those hexagons like no one's business! I love this page!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day