Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Daily Grind


Hi Everyone,

ONLY 1 SLEEP TO GO!!!!

It is finally here...the Scrapbookit Retreat! A weekend full of fun, laughter and plenty of scrapbooking. Just what the doctor ordered I say!
If you can't tell I am really looking forward to the weekend!!!

Keep up to date with what happens over the weekend via our Facebook page!

For this post I am actually going to give you an insight into the project I will be sharing as a class this weekend...

I have created a 'Mini Clipboard Album', a cute little way to share and display a special event or some special photos around your home.

I am really looking forward to working with the class on the weekend to complete this project.

I have used the Simple Stories 'Daily Grind' paper pad for this project. I just LOVE Simple Stories...they are my most favourite!

I started with a plain clipboard and have covered it with a 'homemade transparency' (a secret that I have to keep for the class...sorry!).

Here is how it turned out.


I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with this project. It came together in the end and it is something that I will be proud to display in my home.

Here are a few more photos...



Not only have I used paper but I have tried to use some different products throughout the mini album like tags, hessian, washi tape, tabs, homemade transperancies etc. 
I avoided adding too much dimension so that the paper/card could lie reasonably flat.

Here are some close ups...





Materials used: Simple Stories Daily Grind Paper Pad; clipboard; acetate; serviettes; Kraft Card; hessian; twine; Ink - Versa Colour; Manor House Word; tags (large); Glimmermist and/or Colourshine spray; Mod Podge; Washi tape; rub ons (Kaisercraft - old stock); Kaisercraft Wooden Letters

So there is my retreat off the page project!

If you are heading along to our retreat this weekend and you want to find out more why not book into the class?

If you are not heading to the retreat...have you had a go at this month's challenge???
There are some great entries in the gallery
The gorgeous Mary Bennetts has set this challenge as she is our guest Designer for this month.

 For my Challenge I would like to see layers, texture & the title to be from a song or quote. I would also like to see some stamping

 Why not give it a shot? And when you have finished email your pic to Jo (joanne@scrapbookit.com.au) to enter the challenge!

Well, for those of you we won't be seeing over the weekend...have a wonderful one! 
For all retreat goers...see you really soon!! Yay!!

Until next time,
Mel x


1 comment:

  1. Mel this Mini Clip Board was an awesome class project. I loved it so much and I'm so happy with how mine has turned out. Awesome project and great teacher. Thanks so much Mel. My Mum loved it so much. Hugs XX

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day