Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, April 4, 2014

Keep Calm and Say Cheese!

Welcome to April everyone!

Welcome to another exciting month here at Scrapbookit. I can't tell you how excited I was when I received my pack from Jo to use this month. I initially looked at and loved it but also had that thought "Oh my gosh...what will I do with this??"
But once I started to shuffle the papers around I couldn't stop...I was addicted!

The lovely Liz Hocking has set our challenge this month. Welcome to the team Liz!
The challenge involves this sketch...


For this challenge you also need to use:
* Two different paint/glimmer mist colours;
* Use a serviette or tissue paper
* A stamped image

Here is what I have come up with...



What excites me most about this gorgeous pack is that no matter whether you are doing female or male pages these papers can work for you. In my post later in the month I'll show how easy it is!

For this layout, you may not be able to see, but I have used two different coloured sprays. When I sprayed them I held the bottle back from the cardstock so that it was a fine mist...I didn't want strong bold colours. I used Heidi Swapp Colourshine "Teal" and "Blush Rosa."

I then used the Kaisercraft - Stains - Clear Stamps and some Studio G Ink (which I borrowed from my sister) for my stamped image.

The paper collection I have used is the gorgeous Kaisercraft - Happy Snaps. I have used the 12x12 papers, the alpha sticker sheet, the regular sticker sheet layered on the page to create the parts of the sketch. They have all been carefully inked using a black Versamark Ink.

I have used the Kaisercraft - Happy Snaps collectables and some of the stickers for embellishments. How cute is that little camera?

You are probably wondering where my serviette or tissue paper is???? Well if you look really carefully it is tucked in on the right hand side. I was a little sneaky with this element. (What challenge am I not sneaky??? There is always something isn't there??)

Check out this close up...



So you are probably wondering what I have done to my serviette as it doesn't look like a regular serviette?

Well, at our retreat, a few weeks ago part of my class was to make homemade transparencies. That is exactly what I have done in this layout. I have changed my serviette into a transparency.

How did you do that I hear you ask?

It is easy! All you need is some acetate, a decorative serviette and some mod podge.
Separate the layers of serviette (e.g. if it is 2 ply there are two layers)
Cover one side of the acetate with mod podge.
Place your decorative serviette carefully over the mod podge and then cover the serviette with mod podge, being careful not to tear your serviette. 
Allow this to dry so that it is clear.

The serviette that I have used has decorative border strips. I have cut one out and used it on my layout. 

Don't you just love this paper collection? I have fallen in love with it. So much so that I have created another two layouts to share with you later in the month and have a few other things in planning. I just can't get enough of it.

So if you love it as much as I do why not pop into the Scrapbookit Online store and grab yourself some! If you can't find it online, just send an email to Jo (joanne@scrapbookit.com.au) to get some.

The month is just young and you have plenty of time to enter the challenge - why don't you give it a shot?
All entries must be emailed to Jo (joanne@scrapbookit.com.au) by the end of the month.
Why not spend some time also checking out the Scrapbookit Gallery.

I am looking forward to seeing all of your creations.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

Mel x


3 comments:

  1. Such a clever scrapper you are Mel, I love this page and you have rocked the challenge and this paper range. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the camera themed paper etc. Great LO Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Mel and yes that paper collection is quite lovely. I love your technique as well, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day