Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Friday, September 5, 2014

Love My Hero

Hi everyone it's Cindy here, thanks for joining me today.

 This month it was Mel's turn to set the challenge and being that September we celebrate those special males in our lives with fathers day, Mel has set her challenge around the male theme... 

Here is Mel's Challenge:
Create a layout/project that includes the following:
*Masculine theme
*the words "My Hero" included in the title
*4 patterned papers
*Washi tape
*Twine/Ribbon
*At least 1 handmade embellishment

This month I thought I would share what Jo sent me to work with , so you can see a sort of before and after effect...
So this was the contents of my DT pack for September.... lots of yummy kraft coloured goodies, perfect for the challenge set by Mel...

So here is my take on the challenge:
So I started with the kraft cardstock as a base for my masculine themed layout, and used the Scrap FX woodgrain stencil (Jo stocks the Scrap FX stencils, everyone should have a few in their stash)... I then sprayed the entire background with Lindy's stamp Gang sprays.
I used 4 printed papers behind the photo and in the rosettes, and I also used some of the gorgeous embossed papers Jo sent me, you really should check them out...

 for the my hero title, I used the Kaisercraft Mix & Match sticker sheet, what a great sticker sheet this one is.... three different coloured alphabets, plus all the other goodies on there, wow...

 I created my own rosette embellishments from a couple of the Kaisercraft Mix & Match papers... and sat them on another sticker from that great sticker sheet...

 I used the a couple of the tags and some washi tape from my stash to meet the challenge rules...with the tags I cut them in half so that I could have them extend from each side of my photo and finished them off with some of the Kaisercraft twine....

To see what I get up to with the rest of the pack, you'll just have to come back later in the month...

I hope to see you joining in on the challenge, I'd love to see your take on it....

And finally, don't forget Jo is having a DT call at the moment, if you'd like to receive a great pack of goodies to play with each month, why don't you put in an application...


till next time
happy creating,

4 comments:

  1. Great page Cindy, this range is just perfect for our masculine challenge, Thanks for sharing. Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Cindy. I love this collection of papers...one of my favourites at the moment! I love your embellishments and the tags. Thanks for sharing your take on my challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Cindy. Like Mel I just love this range of papers. As always your texture work is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely LO Cindy, so love this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day