Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Poppy - My Hero

Welcome again to the Scrapbookit Blog, Brenda here with my 
first post for this month and what a great challenge it is. It is
one for the men and boys in our life. What a better month than
September for that. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all
come up with. 

This challenge was set by the very talented Mel and she has 
done a wonderful job of it. All you need to do is - 
Create a layout/project that includes the following:

Masculine theme
The words "My Hero" included in the title
4 patterned papers
Washi Tape
Twine or Ribbon
At least 1 handmade embellishment

This LO is of my two beautiful boys Riley and Harley with their
Poppy who is deferentially their hero. The love him so much and 
hang on  every word he says. It is always Poppy to the rescue. 


These papers by BoBunny are awesome, I just love them and are
deferentially male papers. I created my design on white cardstock. 
I guess by now you have all worked out what my handmade 
embellishments are. They are the beautiful things I have fussy cut
from the papers. But that is me, as always I love to fussy cut and it 
is a way of getting the most from your papers. 

 
Just for information....The crocodile my dad is showing the boys 
is ceramic and made by me.

The tags I have used are by Kaisercraft and the twine is of course 
on my tags. I have inked around the edges of the patterned papers
with Distress Ink - Black Soot. In the background I used Kaisercrafts
Honeycomb clear stamp with the same ink. 


The alphas I used are Thickers - Hardcover and the color of them 
was just perfect for these papers. 


The colors on my cardstock are Faber-Castell Gelatoes
and wow are these awesome to use. They are just great
for blending and adding dimension to your work. 

Everything i have used on my LO is available at the Scrapbookit
store, which you can find the link for at the top of the blog. Please
check out what Jo has at wonderful prices. Hop behind your scrap
desk, get your scrap mojo on and enter this months challenge. 
It's easy as. Follow Mel's requirements, submit and be in a chance
to win an awesome prize from Jo. 

Also please remember that this month is DT Call month for 
Scrapbookit. If you think you would love to join Jo's awesome
design team filled with fun then get your submission in. For all
those submitting I wish you luck. My submission is in and I have
my fingers crossed for another term. 

Happy scraping, good luck with the challenge, good luck if also 
entering into the DT Call and hugs to all.
Brenda xx
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow Brenda! I love this page. The papers are awesome, the photo is gorgeous and I just love how you have pulled it al together. I love your background stamping and colour. I love my gelatos too!!!! Thanks for such an awesome page for my challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day