Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Monday, September 7, 2015

Feature Artist for September






Welcome to our Feature Artist for September,
Heather Bensley

 Thanks Heather for joining us this month with some great Christmas Inspiration, here is a little about Heather:


I have a patient  and caring husband and three adult daughters ...who are my best critics.

Over the years the therapy and satisfaction that I have gained from various crafts has been a big part of my life. I have dabbled in various crafts and have finally found something that enables me to
indulge my creativity and at the same time preserve my family history.

 I have been scrapping for 12 years and started when my first grandchild was born and as I now have 4 grandchildren there is no shortage of inspiration.

I have been published in Scrapbooking memories a few times and have also been featured on the front cover.

My style is usually fairly clean and uncluttered to make the photo the main focus on the page.





Good Morning Everyone.

I was very excited when Jo from Scrapbookit very generously asked me to be the Feature Artist for September.
For those who do not know me let me introduce myself. My name is Heather and I live in Wodonga in the North East of Victoria. I have been scrapbooking since my first granddaughter was born 12 years ago. Now with four grandchildren, I am never short of a subject.
 I was introduced to the craft by a group of wonderful ladies in Ballarat and even though I no longer live in that area, I still have close contact with them. These wonderful connections are one of the many fantastic benefits I have unearthed through scrapbooking. 
 
My September theme from Jo was Christmas. Wow! Can it really be just around the corner? Jo sent me a beautiful package to work with. The gorgeous Kaisercraft Holy Night Collection,which is available through Jo's online store, was just the stimulation I needed to get into the Christmas mood.



                                                                   



 I began by spritzing the background of some Smooth White Kaiser cardstock with red craft paint and then daubed some spots with versa colour magenta ink. Mounting my photo onto red cardstock helped to lift it from the background as well as picking up the colour from the candy canes.
I cut some of the papers into banners and then placed them behind the photo, then tucking and layering a number of pieces from the kaisercraft Collectibles under the bottom corner of the photo. It was hard to choose which ones to use because they were all so beautiful. I complimented these by adding a fussy cut gold angel to the top corner.
Also in my pack were some fabulous green and red glitter leaf sprays. I adore a bit of bling and glitter so I put a leaf spray on the top right of my photo to balance the page.


                                                  

Finally I fussy cut two of the stars on the Angels sheet and, using foam tape, I placed the smaller star on top of the larger one, finishing it off with a diamente in the centre of
 the star and a scattering of others around... it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!!
I hope this inspires you for the upcoming silly season.

Cheers and Happy Scrapping.
Heather B.


Heather will be back later in the month with some more wonderful projects from this range. Don't forget to get your entries in for this months challenge. Make sure you drop by again as Mel will be back with some more Christmas ideas soon. 

Happy Scrapping

Jo.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather for sharing your beautiful page. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages as always ...... Your little grand-daughter is growing so fast really like the new Kaiser papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Heather! A gorgeous page. So clean and stylish x

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day