Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I Will Always Love You

Morning Everyone,

Well, I hope that the Easter Bunny found you all and you enjoyed your Easter!

I am here again to remind you about our April monthly challenge and to share with you another layout that I have created with the Kaisercraft P.S. I Love You collection.

Have you started creating your challenge entry? Entries close on the 30th of April...you still have plenty of time if you haven't.

Remember this month is all about the double layout! A great way to scrap a sequence of photos! There is a sketch from PageMaps to follow.
You also need to include texture, stamping and some flowers (in any form you wish - be creative!).

You can enter your challenge via our blog using the InLinkz linkup, via our Facebook page or you can email it to Joanne at joanne@scrapbookit.com.au

I can't wait to see what you create.

When Jo first gave me the P.S. I Love You Collection I felt very overwhelmed. If you know me, ideas for pinks and all things girly when scrapbooking don't particularly come naturally.
I was glad though to be able to use these papers to highlight some of my wedding photos and other photos of Jason and I. 

Whilst I yet again haven't followed the requirements of the April Challenge, I have loved playing around with some newer products and some colours that I don't necessarily always feel comfortable using...so definitely getting out of my comfort zone!

Here is what I have created...


We had these photos taken whilst in Disney World, Florida in September 2015.

I started this layout with a blank canvas (White Cardstock) and added some of the new Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Inks blending both Worn Lipstick and Iced Spruce. I love these inks and love what you can do with them. It is very hard to see in any of the photos but I then used a baby wipe and my Kaiser Mini Template - Rough Grid. The baby wipe took away the ink where I rubbed it and left a paler, and in some places, a bleached image from the template.

I then used some Impasto Gel Medium through the Kaiser Mini Template - Rough Grid which gives a clear see through appearance over the paler/bleached template.


I splattered some of the Kaiser Mist - Candy and the Prima Colour Bloom - Cotton Candy around the page.



I stamped with the Kaiser Clear Stamp - Flutter using the Gray Flannel Memento Ink.




Then using Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic Aqua - Rose, the Viva Precious Metal Colour - Pink, some Acrylic Paint - Black and the edge of my palette knife I added some lines.



I have once again been a little minimalistic in my use of papers and have stuck to using mainly the P.S. I Love You Collectables.
I added the title Love using the word from the sticker sheet. I needed to ink this with the Gray Flannel Memento Ink.



Well, whilst out of my comfort zone, I love how this layout turned out and mainly loved using lots of new products and colours. All of these are available at Scrapbookit!

Have you heard about our upcoming retreat? May 19-21 in Bright!
A weekend full of fun, plenty of laughs, great company, awesome food and plenty of scrapbooking.
We would love you to come. For more details head to the Online Store.

Thanks again for popping by...would love to hear what you think of my layout!
Be sure to pop back over the next few days to see what other awesome projects Jo and Jane have been creating!

....Melx




8 comments:

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day