Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The 2 of Us

Good morning Everyone!

Many thanks for joining us here at Scrapbookit.

Today I am here to share with you my take on Jane's June Challenge.
Have you seen the requirements?
It is such a great challenge!

All you need to do is use:
*The Sketch
and 2 or more of the following:
*Washi
*Watercolours
*Stamps
*Stencils

Image result for pagemaps sketches

This month I am using the new collection by Kaisercraft 'Stargazer.'
It is quite a different collection for Kaisercraft but very lovely. 
I have loved using it for this challenge.

Here is what I came up with...


I giggled when I read Jane's post the other day...great minds think alike...we both used washi for the little flags!!! I have used some SP Washi and a few other washi tapes that I had.

I started with using my watercolours in a variety of different tones of blue and grey. I also splattered some Dylusions Ink Spray ~ Periwinkle Blue as well as the Dylusions ~ Black Marble around the background.


I have used the sensational patterned papers of this collection for the squares. It's not easy to find photos that you can trim to 2" by 2" size, so I printed my photos to the size. These were some selfies of us in Thailand earlier in the year.
It is a little hard to see in the photos but I have actually raised the photos. I just thought that by doing that they are now the focus of the layout.

I have decorated some of the squares with collectables or stickers from the pack. 
How gorgeous is the border sticker with the dots that I have used at the bottom of the larger square??

I added a little feature of the collectables in the corner (In my true style...it is my addition to the sketch 😬 whoops! I couldn't help myself!!)


In the collectables I found this gorgeous Mother Teresa quote. I love it...and so appropriate!

I have used the Uniquely Creative Clear Stamp Set - Have a Blast which contains the stamp 'You Mean the World to Me.' I just LOVE these stamps...they are very cool but most importantly they stamp so precisely! You should check them out!!

My journalling I printed from my laptop using the American Typewriter font!

Lastly, I used some American Crafts Foam Thickers from my stash called "Delight"


So in the end, I have used the sketch and all bar one of the extra requirements...

Now, all of these products you can grab at Scrapbookit...if you can't find them in the shop...just send Jo a message, she will get you sorted!
That Kaiser collection and those Uniquely Creative Clear Stamps are a MUST HAVE!

I hope that you have enjoyed checking out my take on the challenge today and make sure you pop back in as Jo's take is the next up in a few days! I'm sure it will be magnificent!!

Happy Scrapping Everyone!
x Mel x



1 comment:

  1. Great take on the challenge Mel, this range is very versatile can't wait to see some more pages.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day