Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Girly Afternoon!

Well, spring has sprung and even though it isn't saying it on the temperature gauge it definitely feels much warmer!

I am here today to share with you my take on Jane's fantastic September challenge.
The challenge is to take inspiration from the mood board; to use the word LOVE somewhere on your project; use a mixed media element and do some fussy cutting.


For my project I have been inspired by the flowers, butterflies and the aqua colour.

Here is what I came up with...


I love this photo of these two great ladies and I on their last visit. We had a lovely afternoon visiting some of the wineries and tourist places in the area.

I have used the gorgeous paper collection by 49 and Market 'Vintage Artistry'...a very user-friendly collection. I started with one of the patterned papers, the Distress Oxide 'Old Paper' and a Kaisercraft template 'Roses' to add some interest.

I then added some Heidi Swapp Metallique Texture Paste 'Teal' through the template. This is my mixed media element and the colour from the mood board.


I layered some pattern papers behind the photo and embossed one piece using the Kaisercraft Embossing Folder - Tiny Roses.

I also added some clear doilies that I had in my collection.


I then went to work on the posy of flowers at the bottom of my layout.
I have fussy cut flowers from the 49 and Market papers and I have also used the Uniquely Creative metal dies 'Bloom Outlines Die.'


I painted some of the die blooms with Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint in 'Light Patina' and 'Vintage Rose'

A couple of stickers from my stash and the layout is complete.


I hope that you have enjoyed looking at my layout today - cannot wait to see your entries this month...

~Mel~



1 comment:

  1. Wow look at that fussy cutting!! Love this page , thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day