Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas ~ Merry and Bright


Morning Everyone!

Who can believe it is only 5 days until Christmas Day?? I know I can't!
I hope that you are all prepared and ready for the big day.

It is so much fun ticking off some Christmas layouts...
thanks, Jane for the great challenge!
Whilst I haven't followed the challenge rules for this post I still have used the gorgeous Simple Stories Christmas Collection, 'Classic Christmas'

Here is the layout that I have created...


I started with a piece of white cardstock and using my Faber Castell Gelatos I have created some varying sized circles in green, red and gold. I used some water and a paint brush to blend the colour.

The gold circles (which doesn't show in the photo) have also got some gold Colour Blast Shimmer Cube colour on them to make them shimmer!
I have also used the shimmer cube for the tiny flecks of gold around the background.

Other than that my layout is reasonably simple...some layered patterned papers as well as some sticker embellishments from the Simple Stories 'Classic Christmas' collection.




I finished with the boy's names and the date using my date stamp!

I have also created another layout using this collection.
It has been a while since I have used a piece of Kraft cardstock for my background but I have enjoyed revitalising my love of Kraft!!




Surprisingly (not!) I haven't been able to leave the background and I have added some paint.
I love these paints, they leave such a gorgeous look on your projects. They are the Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint in Metallique Rusty Red and Metallique Steampunk Copper!
I have also used the Gold Colour Blast Shimmer Cubes to create some little star shapes. I outlined these with a brown Stampin' Write Marker. I have also used some Gold Kindy Glitz in the centre of the stars.


Another simple layout making use of paper layers and stickers to embellish.
How gorgeous are the little bits of foil gold on the patterned paper?
This collection is truly divine!



Well, I just wanted to finish up by saying a huge thank you to Jo for her generosity, friendship and belief in me again this year. Jo is so very generous and a true inspiration to those of us on the design team. So thank you Jo...I hope that I have done the kits, collections and products justice.

I also want to thank Jane. It is so much fun having someone to create with. Your projects are gorgeous and you inspire me everyday!

Finally, thank you to everyone that continually supports us here at Scrapbookit...popping in and checking out our blog posts, entering our challenges and supporting the shop...we truly appreciate all of your support!

I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and a very successful 2019!

~ Melx~

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day