Pages (Click Here to Visit)

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy Go Lucky

Have you checked out the new trend in scrapbooking?
Some may know it as 'project life' but there are so many companies that are bringing out designer pocket pages that bring a whole new world to Scrapbooking.

I'm here today to share with you my first experiment with the new trend and I have two pages to share with you. I was a little hesitant at first....change and something new is always hard. I didn't know whether I would like what I saw as the easy Scrapbooking option, whether I would be able to scrap without a lot of dimension.....but I looked forward to the challenge and was very excited to give it a shot.

I was very lucky this month to receive the Echo Park 'Happy Go Lucky' Photo Freedom Kit from Jo. Jo has some gorgeous photo freedom kits in store. Make sure you head over to the online store to check them out.
Something that Echo Park does well is these kits. They have everything you need.....5 designer pocket pages; 6 double sided papers and an element sticker sheet.

This month I have used some photos from our Easter holiday in Moruya, NSW. The gorgeous colour in the photos suited these papers so well, not to mention the theme.

Here is my first attempt at a photo freedom/project life style layout...


I just love these photos of me and my boy. Here are some close ups..



I made this little envelope to hold the gorgeous little coredinations tags where I have recorded some journalling.
After completing this page...I was in love! How awesome to be able to create such a great looking layout and in a reasonably fast amount of time. The hardest part was deciding what photos to use...but don't we generally have that issue?
I loved creating this page. What a great way to be able to scrap those events in life where you have millions of photos and you can't decide what to use.
I was so excited that I created this layout behind the first one....


Such gorgeous elements....I just love this kit. Bright, fun and so easy to use.
In this layout I used a thatched mask from WOW and some Mister Huey's Colour Mist to create a background on some cardstock.

In both of these layouts I have used the following materials all accessible from Scrapbookit - either online or by popping in to see Jo.
Echo Park "Photo Freedom" kit; Coredinations Core Tags - Brights; WOW mask; Mister Huey's Colour Mist - Mint Julep; Darkroom Door Wordstrips

Well, I think I am sold...I am in love with photo freedom.
I highly recommend that you give it a go and when you have finished email your entry for this challenge to Jo - joanne@scrapbookit.com.au
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Have a great Saturday....I am off to a very special wiggly party for my niece and nephew...should be fun!!
Mel xx

5 comments:

  1. Yep, I think you nailed the challenge!! I love these pages and what a great kit.The colours are perfect thanks for sharing your family holiday Mel. Have a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mel, Jo is right you nailed the challenge. Your photos are beautiful and the paper kit is great. I love it. You are so right the photos were just perfect for the papers. Such beautiful colors. Well done. Hope the party was great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have come up a treat Mel, well done and I love the bright colours, so suits those gorgeous photos :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback so stay and say g'day